Time: 7.00 pm (Juniors 6.00 pm)
Venue: Fitz Park Sports Pavilion
Entry: £5 on the day
Parking: Use pay & display car parks in town
Distance: 3 miles with 950ft of climb
Contacts: Sam Stead
The Latrigg Fell Race is a classic ‘up and down’ race on one of the most popular fells in the Lake District. Having been held every year since 1973, the race has long been a firm favourite in the fell running community and always attracts a top quality field but is also short and accessible enough to be enjoyed by first-timers.
The race starts with a mad dash out of Fitz Park towards Spooney Green Lane. From here the route follows the main tourist path for approximately 800m, before a right turn onto the ‘direct route’. This is where the race really starts, with a brutally steep climb through the woods and then on the open fell to the summit. Once round the summit, the descent is via a different but equally steep path which will test even the very best descenders. The final section is very fast -if your legs haven’t already turned to jelly – finishing back in Fitz Park via Spooney Green Lane. The route is fully flagged.
- Enter on the day from 6pm
- Minimum age for senior race is 16
- Waterproofs may be required in bad weather; there will be no further kit requirement
- Extremely generous prize list including first 5 in open categories, winners of veteran and U23 categories, teams and spot prizes
- Prizes will be awarded by race record holder Kenny Stuart
- Trophies awarded to first man and woman, first vet and first Keswick AC man and woman
- Bar will be open all evening – please stay for a drink and you may win a spot prize!
- Generously sponsored by Kong Adventure – The North Lakes’ Mountain Running Emporium & Keswick Brewing Co.