Venue: Fitz Park Keswick
Date: 19th April
Registration 5pm until 6.55pm. Arrive early to avoid the queues! Entry form
Parking: Parking available at Keswick football club adjacent to Keswick hospital, on Station Road, at the Leisure centre and in central Keswick car parks (10 minute walk). No parking in Fitz park.
Entry Fee: Entry on race day £6.00 for UKA Registered runners – £8 unattached – £5 for Keswick AC registered runners
Contact: Mike Beechey Keswick AC – email@example.com – 01768775343
- Start and registration from Fitz park.
- Register at the cricket pavilion in Fitz park with limited changing facilities and toilets Entry form
- Refreshments will be available in the pavilion at the finish
- Cash prizes for winners of each category and overall team prizes.
- Water station at 5km
- UKA rules apply. Club vests must be worn. No iPods
- Sorry but this race is not suitable for wheelchair racers
- Children’s play facilities in Fitz park
The iconic round the houses mid-week race features a 5.3 mile circuit of Keswick with the ‘lung busting’ Manor Brow climb in the middle of the race.
Come along and see if you can beat the long standing record set by Kenny Stewart and equalled by David Swanston, or the equally impressive time set by Laura Park. Whether seasoned sprinters, club racers looking for an interesting championship race or fun runners you will receive a warm welcome in this unfamiliar race distance. The race start and finishes in Fitz Park, ravaged by floods last winter but now full functional.
Male: Kenny Stuart (1989) & David Swanston (1994) – 26min 22sec
Female: Laura Park (2008) 29min 40sec