Category: Road Race
Venue: Fitz Park Keswick
Date: 11th April 2018
Registration 5pm until 6.55pm. Arrive early to avoid the queues!
Parking: Parking available at Keswick football club adjacent to Keswick Hospital, on Station Road, at the Leisure Centre and in central Keswick Car Parks (10 minute walk). No parking in Fitz park.
Entry Fee: **Online Entry AVAILABLE now**
£7.00 for UKA Registered runners
£9.00 for Unattached Runners
£5.00 for Keswick AC registered runners
Online Entries Link: KAC Round the Houses entry
Records: (see below)
Contact: Mike Beechey Keswick AC – email@example.com – 01768775343
- Start and registration from Fitz park.
- General Online Entries HERE: KAC Round the Houses entry
- Register and Number Collection will be in the Fitz Park Cricket Pavilion with limited changing facilities and toilets
- There will be prizes for winners of each category and overall male and female team prizes
- Water station at 5km
- UKA rules apply. Club vests must be worn. No iPods (due to a number of road crossings)
- Sorry but this race is not suitable for wheelchair racers
- Children’s play facilities in Fitz park
The iconic round the houses mid-week race features a 5.3 mile circuit of Keswick with the ‘lung busting’ Manor Brow climb in the middle of the race.
Come along and see if you can beat the long standing record set by Kenny Stewart (1989 – 26min 22 sec) and matched by David Swanston (1994 – 26min 22sec), or the equally impressive time set by Laura Park (2008 – 29min 40sec). Whether seasoned sprinters, club racers looking for an interesting championship race or fun runners you will receive a warm welcome in this unfamiliar race distance. The race start and finishes in Fitz Park, ravaged by floods in 2015 but now full functional.
Due to the popularity of last years race we have added pre-entry*. We recommend online entry (KAC Round the Houses entry) to avoid the queues and to keep our computer volunteers sane. You will receive lots of encouragement from our team of marshals and the Keswick locals throughout this race. **Online Entry AVAILABLE now**
Male: Kenny Stuart (1989) & David Swanston (1994) – 26min 22sec
Female: Laura Park (2008) 29min 40sec