Parking: Parking available at Keswick football club adjacent to Keswick Hospital, on Station Road, at the Leisure Centre and in central Keswick Car Parks (10 minute walk). No parking in Fitz park.
Records: (see below)
Contact: A New Race Organiser for 2019 is being sought
- Start and registration from Fitz park.
- General Online Entries HERE:
- Register and Number Collection will be in the Fitz Park Cricket Pavilion with limited changing facilities and toilets
- There will be prizes for winners of each category and overall male and female team prizes
- Water station at 5km
- UKA rules apply. Club vests must be worn. No iPods (due to a number of road crossings)
- Sorry but this race is not suitable for wheelchair racers
- Children’s play facilities in Fitz park
The iconic round the houses mid-week race features a 5.3 mile circuit of Keswick with the ‘lung busting’ Manor Brow climb in the middle of the race.
Come along and see if you can beat the long standing record set by Kenny Stewart (1989 – 26min 22 sec) and matched by David Swanston (1994 – 26min 22sec), or the equally impressive time set by Laura Park (2008 – 29min 40sec). Whether seasoned sprinters, club racers looking for an interesting championship race or fun runners you will receive a warm welcome in this unfamiliar race distance. The race start and finishes in Fitz Park, ravaged by floods in 2015 but now full functional.
You will receive lots of encouragement from our team of marshals and the Keswick locals throughout this race.
Male: Kenny Stuart (1989) & David Swanston (1994) – 26min 22sec
Female: Laura Park (2008) 29min 40sec