Entries: On line entries preferred up to a race limit of 300. Entries on the day will be accepted if limit not reached at additional cost.
£8 for UKA Registered Club Runners
£5 for Keswick AC members (club members need a special link which can be sent by e-mail – request from Steve – details below)
£10 for Unattached Runners
£12 for entries on the day
ENTER HERE OR if you are a KAC member, contact Steve Harwood for the ‘special link’
Parking: is available on Station Street and behind the swimming pool with time restrictions and near the Football Pavilion off Crosthwaite Road plus Town Centre Car Parks.
Course: This year will be a new course which has been devised to address safety / traffic hazards identified on the original course.
Race Distance 6.8k or 4.2 miles. NEW COURSE MAP HERE
Any queries contact race organiser – Steve Harwood e-mail :- firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 017687 80708
Records shown below are for the Round the Houses race. In 2019 this road race has a new course.
- Registration from the Cricket Pavilion on Fitz park.
- General Online Entries HERE OR if you are a KAC member, contact Steve Harwood to get the special link!
- Register and Number Collection will be in the Fitz Park Cricket Pavilion with limited changing facilities and toilets
- There will be prizes for winners of each category and overall male and female team prizes
- Water station at 5km
- UKA rules apply. Club vests must be worn. No iPods (due to a number of road crossings)
- Sorry but this race is not suitable for wheelchair racers
- Children’s play facilities in Fitz park
In 2019 we have had to change the course of the iconic round the houses mid-week race that features a 5.3 mile circuit of Keswick with the ‘lung busting’ Manor Brow climb in the middle of the race. The race in 2019 is 6.8k or 4.2 miles and has been designed to weave through the streets of Keswick, avoiding dangerous road crossings and taking in ‘a few less houses’!
AS this is the 1st year of this new course, records are there to be set..
We will never know if anyone can beat the long standing record of the ‘Round the House’ set by Kenny Stewart (1989 – 26min 22 sec) and matched by David Swanston (1994 – 26min 22sec), or the equally impressive time set by Laura Park (2008 – 29min 40sec).
Whether seasoned sprinters, club racers looking for an interesting championship race or fun runners you will receive a warm welcome in this unfamiliar race distance. The race start and finishes in the town centre, adjacent to Moot Hall.
You will receive lots of encouragement from our team of marshals and the Keswick locals throughout this race.
Male: Kenny Stuart (1989) & David Swanston (1994) – 26min 22sec
Female: Laura Park (2008) 29min 40sec