UKAA Members £10 + Booking Fee
Non-UKAA Members £12 + Booking Fee
Keswick AC Members £8 + Booking Fee
Subject to availability entries will be available on the day.
* Please note that your British Athletics/UKA membership will be checked during the registration process. Scottish Athletics/Welsh Athletics members can also obtain the discount by entering their membership number into the appropriate field.
UK Athletics Race Licence 2023-45721
Parking: is available on Station Street and behind the swimming pool with time restrictions and near the Football Pavilion off Crosthwaite Road plus Town Centre Car Parks.
Course: The race will be run on the same course as last year, a new course which has been devised to address safety / traffic hazards identified on the original course.
Race Distance 7.2k or 4.5 miles. NEW COURSE MAP HERE
Any queries contact race organiser – Steve Harwood e-mail :- firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 017687 80708
- Registration from the Cricket Pavilion on Fitz park.
- Register and Number Collection will be in the Fitz Park Cricket Pavilion with limited changing facilities and toilets
- There will be prizes for winners of each category and overall male and female team prizes
- UKA rules apply. Club vests must be worn. No earphones (due to a number of road crossings)
- Sorry but this race is not suitable for wheelchair racers
- Children’s play facilities in Fitz park
In 2019 we have had to change the course of the iconic round the houses mid-week race that features a 5.3 mile circuit of Keswick with the ‘lung busting’ Manor Brow climb in the middle of the race. The new race route is 7.2km or 4.5 miles and has been designed to weave through the streets of Keswick, avoiding dangerous road crossings and taking in ‘a few less houses’!
We will never know if anyone can beat the long standing record of the ‘Round the House’ set by Kenny Stuart (1989 – 26min 22 sec) and matched by David Swanston (1994 – 26min 22sec), or the equally impressive time set by Laura Park (2008 – 29min 40sec).
Whether seasoned sprinters, club racers looking for an interesting championship race or fun runners you will receive a warm welcome in this unfamiliar race distance. The race start and finishes in the town centre, adjacent to the Fiat Garage on Lake Road.
You will receive lots of encouragement from our team of marshals and the Keswick locals throughout this race.
Male: James Douglas, Boarder Harriers (2023) – 23min 13sec
Female: Lucy Stobart, Cumberland AC (2022) 28min 45sec